HON

Two of the original founders of the Owensboro Wagon Company, J. H. Hickman and W. E. Ebbert, started the Hickman-Ebbert Wagon Company here in 1905. The business failed after only a few years and the building was then used by The Stenotype Company from 1910-1913. The Murphy Chair Company bought the building in 1917 and in 1961, it became the Murphy-Miller Chair Company and lastly, HON Furniture Company.